I still listen to music all day, every day during the working week. So here's my personal Top 10 from 2014 in Letterman-style reverse order.
This is available as a Spotify playlist and each track links to the album it comes from on Spotify.
10. Royal Blood - "Come On Over"
- Best rock album released this year in my view. Of course this is the year that rock gave up.
9. Phantogram - "Black Out Days"
- Electro pop trip-hop. Check out their back catalogue if you like this.
8. ODESZA - "Memories That You Call"
- Ibiza style chillout via Seatle.
7. Lia Ices - "Sweet as Ice"
- Electro folk? Mystical lyrics plus an ethereal voice with a subtle electronic sheen.
6. Bombay Bicycle Club - "Home By Now"
- British indie at it's best. Eclectic and sublime.
5. HAERTS - "Hemiplegia"
- An elctro Fleetwood Mac. Kind of like HAIM but better.
4. I Break Horses - "Denial"
- Downtempo Swedish electronica, dare I say "chillout".
3. RHODES - "Raise Your Love"
- British indie folk. Better than the much touted Hozier in my view.
2. London Grammar - "Hey Now"
- Exceptional. The KEXP live video actually sounds better than the album.
1. The Jezabels - "The End"￼
- Still the best band you've never heard of.
I'm on last.fm as joeharris76 (of course). Stop by and say hi.