I listen to music all day, every day during the working week.
Here's my personal Top 10 from 2013 in Letterman-style reverse order.
10. Drenge - Bloodsports
- 2 man garage punk. Helmet reincarnated.
9. Young Galaxy - Pretty Boy
- Indie electro pop from Montreal. The whole catalog is excellent.
8. Blackbird Blackbird - It's War
- Chemical Brothers meets Morrissey with added Ibiza chill. I was hooked after 10 seconds.
7. Hooray For Earth - No Love
- Indie rock fused with electronica. The Happy Mondays on a downer in Brooklyn.
6. Mr Little Jeans - Oh Sailor
- Electro pop with a backing choir, also check out the cover of 'The Suburbs'.
5. Say Lou Lou - Julian
- Swedish electro pop, high-style and ethereal vocals. Should be taped to the cover of Vogue.
4. Other Lives - Take Us Alive
- Oklahoma folk-tronica. Discovered via the amazing skate video 'India Within'
3. The National - Graceless
- It's not 'Fake Empire' but it's pretty damn good.
2. Daughter - Youth
- Haunting folk. Bleak and beautiful.
1. The Jezabels - Endless Summer
- Best band you've never heard of. INXS plus Texas with a bit of the Smashing Pumpkins on the side.
I'm on last.fm as joeharris76 (of course). Stop by and say hi.