I listen to music all day, every day during the working week.
Here's my personal Top 10 from 2013 in Letterman-style reverse order.
10. Drenge - Bloodsports
- 2 man garage punk. Helmet reincarnated.
9. Young Galaxy - Pretty Boy
- Indie electro pop from Montreal. The whole catalog is excellent.
8. Blackbird Blackbird - It's War
- Chemical Brothers meets Morrissey with added Ibiza chill. I was hooked after 10 seconds.
7. Hooray For Earth - No Love
- Indie rock fused with electronica. The Happy Mondays on a downer in Brooklyn.
6. Mr Little Jeans - Oh Sailor
- Electro pop with a backing choir, also check out the cover of 'The Suburbs'.
5. Say Lou Lou - Julian
- Swedish electro pop, high-style and ethereal vocals. Should be taped to the cover of Vogue.
4. Other Lives - Take Us Alive
- Oklahoma folk-tronica. Discovered via the amazing skate video 'India Within'
3. The National - Graceless
- It's not 'Fake Empire' but it's pretty damn good.
2. Daughter - Youth
- Haunting folk. Bleak and beautiful.
1. The Jezabels - Endless Summer
- Best band you've never heard of. INXS plus Texas with a bit of the Smashing Pumpkins on the side.
I'm on last.fm as joeharris76 (of course). Stop by and say hi.
Wow, never heard of any of em! I'll check em out now tho...ta for the roundup mateReplyDelete